- The first time Unity is started you will be prompted to enter the configuration details, as shown below.
- Enter your Login ID and password as provided by your Service Provider and click OK.
- Now enter the server address when prompted. If this is pre-populated, please do not change.
- To complete and save your settings click OK at bottom right. The application will now open.
- Unity is split into three functional areas; Call Control, Current Call List and Productivity Tabs. The Productivity tabs are further split into Call Logs, Abandoned Calls, Voicemail and Agent Activity tab.
- The Current Call List will display the status of all current calls for the logged in user, which are controlled using the Call Control buttons.
- These call control buttons will change based on the status of the call.
- When Unity first starts it will automatically populate the Busy Lamp Field with 30 random users in your group or enterprise.
Transferring a Call
- Announced Transfer: Answer an inbound call then make a new call to the desired number, this will place the first caller on hold and initiate a new call. Once the new party answers, click transfer and transfer the two calls together.
- Blind Transfer: While on an active call, dial a number or drag to/right click the recipient then select transfer, this will send the caller directly to the destination number and disappear from your call list.
- Warm Transfer: Right click the user you want to transfer the call to and select “warm transfer”. This will then put the original caller on hold while you talk to the other user, when ready, click the transfer button.
You can also transfer a call to someone’s voicemail or mobile by right clicking their icon and selecting the option.
Starting a Conference Call
- Establish the first call.
- Call a second person.
- Click the conference button to create a new conference for all three of you.
- To add more people to the conference simply dial or start another call then click the conference button.
Ending a Conference Call
- To end the conference call but continue speaking to one of the callers, simply select the person/ call you want to end and click the Release button.
- To end the conference call and disconnect both parties, simply hang up the phone or select both calls and select Release.
- To leave the conference but allow the other callers to continue speaking to each other, perform an announced transfer between the two calls.
Managing Multiple Calls
- To manage a particular call, first select it by clicking it in the Active Call Window. If there is only one call in the list it will be selected automatically. You can then use the call control buttons to perform different actions on the call.
Call Recording options are:
User Status Views
- Right-click anywhere in the list to change the view of the users, e.g. list, icons etc.
- To modify the list of users currently being monitored, right-click and select Manage user list. Select the users you want to add or remove by using the arrows. Your monitored users are on the right.
Monitored User States
A monitored user will always be displayed in one of four states:
Drag and Drop Calling And IM
- Hold down and drag a user’s icon to the docked IM panel to start instant messaging.
- Drag a user to the Active Call Window to call them.
- Drag an active call to another user to transfer/show available transfer options.
This feature allows the logged in user to answer an incoming call on behalf of a monitored user. Simply right click a ringing user and pick up the call.
Options for A Busy User
Options for An Available User
If a user has a small blue dot then they are available for instant messaging. Send an instant message by:
- Right clicking their user icon and selecting instant message.
- Drag and drop the user to the docked panel on the right (this can be set up in the settings tab).
- Click messaging at the top of Unity and select start conversation. Then add the people you want to instant message.
- Multiple users can be selected to start an IM conversation (by holding down the CTRL key while selecting users), but they must all be online.
- To activate your status, Available, Busy, Do Not Disturb etc, click on the My Status link and click the menu option.
- To activate call forwarding, select the option “Call forward always”, then configure the number. All incoming calls to the pre-defined phone number, meaning the user’s phone will not ring.
- To activate and deactivate call forwarding, simply hover over “Call forward always” and select the option.
Assigning Abandoned Caller IDs to Agents
Right click (or Shift right click for multiple) abandoned calls and right click to assign to agents.
This capability requires Unity Supervisor Enterprise, Unity Wallboard and Unity Agent Enterprise.
Remotely Changing Agent State
- Change the Agent’s availability to the call center and change their ACD state by right clicking the user’s icon in the Agent Activity tab.
- Click Settings [button] > Services [tab] > Statistics> Columns > Call Center Columns double click the statics (e.g. total calls) to set thresholds.
- Different thresholds can be set for all queue parameters for different call centers, or all call centers can have the same threshold.
- Right click the call center queue in Personal Wallboard > select the agent > select Next Call Only or All Calls.
Configuring Statistics Columns in Personal Wallboard
- Configure the statistics shown in the Personal Wallboard by going to Settings > Services > Call Center > Statistics > Columns.
- Statistics can be added or removed with the plus and minus buttons and the order they are displayed.
Adding Agents to Monitored Agents List
- To monitor a specific subset of the total agents, go to Settings [button] > Settings [tab] > Supervisor and uncheck “Automatically add all agents to my supervised agent list” and restart Unity.
- Then right click the call center queue in Personal Wallboard, select “Modify supervised agent list” and add the agents you want to supervise.
Download Printable PDF Version Here: