1. One invoice at a time
2. All invoices at one time
Review your invoices for accuracy
FIrst, review your customer invoices by going to the customer's invoices reside (generally the Enterprise account, but may be on the Customer account).
- Select the Invoices tab
- Select the invoice by clicking on the invoice number hyperlink
1. One Invoice At A Time
To send your customer invoices one at a time:
Go to the Customer Account (where the invoices reside, in this case, the invoices reside on the customer's Enterprise account )
- Select the Invoices tab
- From the list of invoices, click on the box next to the invoice number to be sent
- Select Email. The system will deliver the invoice to the email address(s) listed under the billing contact information [see Overview tab to see email address(s)]
2. All Invoices At One Time (Bulk Delivery)
We DO NOT recommend using this method for at least the first few month's. Review your customer invoices one at a time and make sure you are comfortable with what appears on the invoice. You may decide to always use the manual delivery method.
Once you are confident the invoices are correct, you can set up a job to send all your invoices all at once.
Note: If you have some invoices that need correction, but you don't want to hold up delivery on all your invoices, you can change the specific customer to an Invoice Delivery method of None, then go ahead and run Bulk Delivery on the remaining invoices. Once you have made corrections to the invoice(s) not included in the Bulk delivery, change their Invoice Delivery back to Email and send them out using the One Invoice At A Time method.
Important: Bulk Delivery will send ALL invoices that have not been sent (do not have a date in the "Sent Date" column, so potentially a customer could receive two or more invoices at once. From your Partner account, run the Report called Invoices. Filter the Balance column by a minimum of $0.01 and Sort the Sent Date Smallest First. The only invoices without a sent date should be for the current month.
To bulk deliver your invoices, go to your Partner Account; click on the Setup tab; select Bill Runs
Select Invoice Delivery Run
- Name - do not change
- Start Billing At this date / time - today's date, if you want them to deliver immediately enter a past time (i.e. if it is 09:00:00 AM, set the time for 08:00:00 AM), if you want them to run later, put the desired time in.
- Bill customers between - first of the previous month (delivery of Feb invoices would be 01/01/2017). Leave time at 00:00:00.
- And - your invoice date - Feb invoices would be 02/01/2017. Leave time at 00:00:00.
- Posting Date Month - Invoice Month
- Posting Date Year - Invoice Month
- Select the following items by checking the box: Enable, Run Delivery, Use for Posting Date, Disable Bill Run After Billing, Run Render Invoice
- Select Save
As soon as invoices are delivered, you will see a date in the Sent Date column of the Invoices Report
No changes can be made to an invoice once it has been Sent.
Field Descriptions (Bill Run Setup Screen)
- Name - A descriptive name of your bill run
- Enabled – This is an ON / OFF switch for the bill run. This can be used for example if you have multiple bill runs for different periods and you want to leave the settings intact per bill run, and create a new bill run for a different schedule
- Start Billing at this date / time - This is the date from which you want to run billing. If this is greater than today's date, it will not run. You need to set it in the past in order for billing to run.
- Bill Customers between - The date from which you want to actually bill customers, ie, if the customers next bill date on account is 05/22/2006, you would need to set this date to or before that date shown on the customer account to catch them up for billing.And - This is the effective end day for the range between Last Bill Run and Next Bill Run. Customers within this range will be billed, for advance billing, add the number of advance bill days to this range to know who will be advance billed.
- And - This is the effective end day for the range between Last Bill Run and Next Bill Run. Customers withing this range will be billed. For advance billing, add the number of advance bill days to this range for the system to pick them up for billing.
- Billing - this will calculate and add transactions to user accounts.
- ACH/PAP - Not in use.
- Run Delivery - This enables billing to deliver based on the settings in the bill groups (ie, Email, Email & Hardcopy, Hardcopy, or None).
- Credit Card - Not in use.
- Run Render Invoice - When checked, this renders the appropriate invoices for Emailing, Hardcopy, etc.
- Use For Posting Date – This option allows you to tell the bill run to set the posting date within a certain specified period. If not selected, The posting date will be the date of the transaction added. Taking into account the below setting and if this is checked, the system will take the month you select, the year you select, and put that together with the users bill day to determine the posting date it will use on the transactions.
- Posting Date Month – select the month for the posting date to be entered within.
- Posting Date Year – select the year for the posting date to be entered within.
- Run Payment Terms – This executes the credit rating functionality and any payment terms associated with it. This was previously executed using the ‘bill run’ process but is now broken out so that it can be run manually
- Bill Usage Only – this option allows you to run a bill run but not bill any package next bill dates, this will simply allow you to bill usage on accounts.
- Close Invoice On Canceled Customers – This option will automatically close any open invoices that are on canceled customers. This ensures any final invoices are sent out. Generally this option should be selected to manage historical data and keep accounts clean. NOTE, the following also occurs on non canceled customers when selected: This option will also look for customers with credits that are not attached to invoices. It will then create an invoice for that customer, attach the credit so its not hanging unattached to an invoice, and then close that invoice. In addition, if this is selected, at the start of the bill run we will close any open credit notes. After the bill run we will find any credits not attached to an invoice and generate an invoice for it and close it.
- Disable Billing After Bill Run – If you would like billing to run once and turn itself off (so it doesn’t run every 24 hours) check this box. When checked, billing will run at the scheduled time and the ‘Enabled’ box will be unchecked and billing will not start again until you check that 'Enabled' box again.
- Only Collect Money On Due Invoices – Not in use.