Branded BluIP clients:
Communicator for Desktop is a native Windows or Mac client for Unified Communications, providing the following communication features:
- Instant Messaging and Presence
- Voice Calling (VoIP)
- Voice Calling (Desk phone)
- Video Calling
- Desktop Sharing
- BroadWorks Call Settings
This client requires an active user account with Unified Communications features enabled to login. Please contact BluIP support if you have ordered UC, but the login fails.
System requirements are as follows on native desktop:
Operating system: Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS 10.12 Sierra, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10 (Classical view only).
- The installation footprint is approximately 125 megabytes (MB) on OS X and 215 MB on Windows.
- For voice calls, a sound card, speakers, and a microphone or a headset are required.
- For video calls, a webcam is required.
Minimum system requirements for respective operating systems need to be fulfilled, with the following additions:
- A minimum of 2 GB random access memory (RAM) is required.
- A minimum 1.5 GHz CPU is recommended.
- A dual core CPU is recommended for video calls at a minimum.
- Open Graphics Library (OpenGL) 1.5 or higher is recommended.
For high definition (HD) video, the following is recommended:
- HD camera
- HD resolution support in display
- Quad Core x86 or equivalent at a minimum
- 4 GB RAM
VDI environments are not supported.