Credits must be issued on the Orion Customer account (see column header "Role").
On the Invoices List (located on either the Customer or Enterprise Account (usually the Enterprise Account), there are two columns where you will see the same credit amount.
- Credits Issued - invoice the amount will appear
- Credits Disbursed - invoice the amount will be applied to and reduce the balance due
The steps for entering a credit vary depending on the invoice you want the credit to appear and the invoice you want the credit applied.
- You can have a credit appear on the current invoice OR have it appear on the next monthly invoice
- No matter where the credit appears, it can be disbursed to either the oldest invoice with a balance due (Automatic Disbursement) OR a specific invoice by selecting an invoice from the Open Balance Invoices section
Credits can be issued and disbursed to the current invoice.
Do not reverse Usage transactions (in the Transaction section). Usage transactions do not get deleted, but remains held over and billed on the next invoice.
Where Credits Appear (Issued)
Appearing on the current monthly invoice
DO NOT issue a credit to an invoice already sent to the customer
To issue a credit on a current invoice before it is sent to the customer:
- Open the current monthly invoice
- Enter the credit
- Close the invoice
Appearing on the NEXT monthly invoice
- To have a credit appear on the NEXT monthly invoice, simply enter the credit (do not open an invoice)
Note: Only the invoice you want the credit to appear has to be open. The invoice your credit is being applied to, does not have to be open.
Where Credits are Applied (Disbursed)
Apply the credit to the oldest balance due
- Select "Automatic Disbursement" at the time you create the credit
Apply the credit to a specific invoice
- Go to OPEN BALANCE INVOICES and select the specific invoice by placing a check mark in the box to the left of the invoice number
Note: The invoice your credit is being applied, DOES NOT have to be open. It will be disbursed after you save the credit.
To 'OPEN' an invoice.
Go to the customer's list of invoices. This list will usually be on their Enterprise Account if the account is set up to send one invoice for all groups within the Enterprise (Enterprise billing), but can also be on the Customer Account if the account is set up so separate invoices go to each customer within an enterprise (Group Billing).
- Select the current invoice by clicking on the check box next to the invoice.
- Select 'Open'
- You will see the Status change from "Closed" to "Open"
Determining Credit Amounts
Locate the transaction(s) for usage that need to be credited.
- Go to Transactions Tab on the "customer" account
- In the TRANSACTIONS Section, filter the Detail column by "Telecom Usage"
NOTE: The major difference between crediting packages and usage is that when entering a credit for packages, the taxes are credited automatically. When crediting usage, the associated taxes must be entered manually.
To find the taxes associated with the usage charges:
- Select the usage transaction by clicking on the ID number
Make a note of the usage amount and the tax amounts associated to also be credited.
Entering Usage Credit
On the Customer account:
- Go to the Transactions tab
- Go to the CREDITS section
- Select Add
Entering Credit Information
- Amount: Enter the amount of the credit
- Dates: Defaults to the current date; you may change this if you want, but leaving as current date is fine
Service: Select one of the following types of usage services from the drop-down menu (you will have to refer to the customer invoice to determine the type of usage and amount)
- Usage Credit - Conference Call
- Usage Credit - International
- Usage Credit - Long Distance
- Usage Credit - Service
- Usage Credit - Toll Free
- Usage Credit - VoIP
- Posting Date: Defaults to the current date; you may change this if you want, but leaving as current date is fine
- Detail: This information will appear on the customer's invoice as a description of the credit. If crediting more than one customer, include the customer name, as the credits are not listed by customer
- Period Start: Leave Blank
- Period End: Leave Blank
- Automatic Disbursement: Select this to automatically apply the credit to the invoice with the oldest balance due OR
- Go to OPEN BALANCE INVOICES and select the specific invoice to be credited by placing a check mark in the box to the left of the invoice number
- Tax Exempt: CHECK THIS OPTION
- Select Save
Entering Tax Credits
- Select the Transactions Tab again
- Go down to the CREDITS Section and select the TaxAdj button located in the lower right-hand side of the Credits table.
- Tax Code: Select "Default" from the drop-down menu
Complete the following information:
- Amount: Enter the tax amount you will be crediting
- Date: Defaults to today's date, you can leave or change
- Service: Select the appropriate Usage Credit service from the drop-down menu
- Posting Date: Defaults to today's date, you can leave or change
- TaxRate: Select the appropriate Tax Rat from the drop down menu
- Detail: Type in the description you want to appear on the invoice. Recommend including the customer name.
Repeat these steps for each "TaxRate"