Initiating the Process
If you want to change companies: Do not terminate your service with your existing company before initiating service with BluIP.
- Partner will initiate the porting request by submitting a signed LOA to email@example.com
- BluIP will start the process of porting your number by submitting an order to one of our resellers. The reseller will then contact your current company. Be prepared to provide BluIP with your 10-digit phone number, customer account number, billing telephone number (BTN) and complete service address. If you have placed a local service freeze on your account to protect your account, you will need to remove the freeze in order for your telephone number(s) to port.
- Be aware that when terminating service with your current service provider, you may be obligated to pay any early termination fees under your existing contract.
- Also, when terminating service with any company, you are usually required to pay any outstanding balance owed.
- Review your bill or contract to determine what fees or charges apply.
The Porting Period
Depending on the current service provider, the porting interval can take anywhere from 5 business days to 15 business days. This interval is in accordance with the service level agreement (SLA) the provider has with BluIP’s resellers.
The porting interval for Projects (orders of 50 or more) will take longer.