1) For Hunt Group ID, if this hunt group will have a DID assigned use that. If it will be extension only use the following format: <Enterprise number><Group Number>_<Extension>. Ex: 0000100004_1002 (enterprise number is 00001, group number is 00004, extension is 1002).
2) For Name, this is just a descriptive field and will not be displayed to the caller.
3) For Calling Line ID Last/First Name, this will be the label displayed on the phones when an incoming hunt group call comes in. If you want the calling line ID name from the caller to pass through, just put periods in these fields. Otherwise, use this spot to alert your user of the type of call coming in. Ex: Sales Group, Billing Group, Support Group, Etc.
4) If you wish for users to receive hunt group calls even when they are currently on a call, check this box. If they should be ignored when busy, leave it unchecked.
5) For Group Policy, choose one of the following:
Circular - Incoming calls hunt through agents in the order they appear in the list, starting with the agent following the last agent to receive a call. When the search reaches the end of the list, it
loops back to the top and continues until it has tried all agents.
Regular - Incoming calls hunt through agents in the order they appear in the list, starting from the top each time.
Simultaneous - Incoming calls alert all agents at the same time. The first agent to answer handles the call.
Uniform - Incoming calls hunt through all agents in order, starting with the agent whom has been idle the longest and ending with the agent whom most recently answered a call.
Weighted Call Distribution - Incoming calls are assigned to idle agents based on percentages you assign on the hunt group's Profile – Weighted Call Distribution page.
6) If you chose Simultaneous in #5, ignore this. Otherwise, choose the number of rings the hunt group will try a user before skipping to the next.
7) Check this box if you want the hunt group to eventually give up on attempting to connect to a user. If you want the group to ring until the caller disconnects or the call is answered, leave unchecked.
8) Set the number of seconds the hunt group will attempt to connect the caller to a user before it gives up.
9) This is the destination the hunt group will send a caller after the seconds in #8 have expired. This can be an extension of a user, or a 10-digit off-net number. You may also use feature access codes before the extension if you want to transfer straight to someones VM. You can review Feature Access Codes by clicking Feature Access Codes
10) Click search to populate the available users for this hunt group.
11) Select the users you wish to add to this hunt group.
12) Click the Add button to move them over from Available to Assigned.
13) Click OK to save changes.
You will be brought back to the Hunt Group Add page. Notice the Phone Number and Extension are blank. To set these, click on the name of the hunt group you just created.