Steps for processing monthly billing:
A) Run Preliminary Reports
B) Bill Run Setup
C) Delivery of Invoices
LOGIN TO YOUR PARTNER ACCOUNT
A) RUN PRELIMINARY REPORTS
Select the Reports Tab.
Review the following three reports by clicking on the report name (hyperlink): (1) Invoices, (2) Accounts, and (3) Account Services
Select the Invoices report
Click on "View"; and select Open Invoice Review from the drop down list.
Any "Open" invoices will appear on this list
Invoices with all $0.00 were probably generated by the system and their Open status doesn't matter.
Invoices with charges that are Open must be Closed prior to a bill run UNLESS you want the charges to be included on your current monthly bill run.
Important - If you have opened an invoice to make adjustments and forgotten to close it, all new transactions will post to the open invoice instead of creating a new monthly invoice.
If you find an open invoice on the Invoice Report that should have been closed, click on the User hyperlink, this will take you to where the open invoice resides.
In the user's account, select the Invoices tab.
- Select the open invoice by clicking on the box next to the invoice number.
- Select "Close".
2. Accounts Report
Go back to the Partner account, select the Reports Tab again and select the Accounts report.
Click on "View"; and select New Accounts Review from the drop down list.
Click on the column heading Created Date. From the drop-down, select Sort Biggest First.
The mos recently created customers will appear at the top of the list. If there are customers that have not been billed previously, review the customer's information (packages, address, email and Next Bill Date) in the customer's account.
If the account is not ready to bill, and the Next Bill Date is set for the current month, you will need to change the Next Bill Date on the packages so they will not be billed (see How To - Change the Next Bill Date).
Important: When changing a "Next Bill Date" on one of your customers, notify BluIP by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make the change on your Partner billing.
3. Account Services Report
Go back to your Partner account, select Reports Tab again, and select the Account Services report.
This report contains all the services/products that will be billed on the next bill run.
Click on "View"; and select Bill Date Review from the drop down list.
B) BILL RUN SETUP
From your Partner account
Select the Setup Tab
Select Bill Runs
These are the settings you need to make:
Note: When entering dates, it is best to use the drop-down calendar
- Name - remains as it appears
- Start Billing At this date / time - enter the date and time you want the billing to run (i.e. enter the date and time you want it to run for February 1 invoices by entering 2/1/2014 08:00:00 AM).
- Bill customers between - enter the earliest date found on the "Account Services Report" you ran earlier or the 1st of the previous month. (enter time as 00:00:00)
- And - enter your invoice date (i.e. first of the month - February 1, 2014). (enter time as 00:00:00)
- Posting Date Month - the month the invoice is dated (i.e. February would be Feb)
- Posting Date Year - This is will be the year (i.e. 2014).
- Select the following items by checking the box: Enabled, Billing, Run Render Invoice, Use for Posting Date, Disable Bill Run After Billing
- Run Payment Term - ONLY If you have customers with various payment terms, you will need to check this
- Select Save
DO NOT Re-run a monthly bill run. Re-running a bill run WILL NOT replace the current invoices. What it WILL do is create new invoices for the NEXT MONTH [i.e. You just created January invoices. If you re-run the "bill run" (even if you use January dates) it will create invoices for February and change the next bill dates on all your customers to March.
C) DELIVERY OF INVOICES
Standard procedure is to delivery invoices via Email.
When ready to deliver invoice(s), you can either:
- Send invoices individually (a customer at a time) through the Customer Account (this is most often used if you are reviewing the individual invoices prior to sending to the customer)
- Set up a bulk delivery through your Partner Account and send all your customer invoices at once
FIrst, review your customer invoices by going to the customer's account where the invoices reside (generally the Enterprise account).
- Select the Invoices tab
- Select the invoice by clicking on the invoice number hyperlink
1. Delivery via Email - One Customer at a Time
To send your customer invoices individually:
Go to the Customer Account (where the invoices reside, in this case, the invoices reside on the customer's Enterprise account )
- Select the Invoices tab
- From the list of invoices, click on the box next to the invoice number
- Select Email. The system will deliver the invoice to the email address(s) listed under the billing contact information [see Overview tab to see email address(s)]
2. Delivery via Email - All Customers at Once (Bulk Delivery)
We DO NOT recommend using this method for at least the first few month's. Review your customer invoices one at a time and make sure you are comfortable with what appears on the invoice. You may decide to always use the manual delivery method.
After the monthly billing has run review the invoices for accuracy. Once you are confident the invoices are correct, you can set up a job to send all your invoices at once.
If you have just one or two invoices that need correction, you can change the Invoice Delivery method on the customer to None, then go ahead and run Bulk Delivery on the remaining invoices.
Once you have made corrections to individual invoices, change the Invoice Delivery back to Email and send out using the Individual Invoice Delivery method.
Important: Make sure all of your invoices from the previous month have been sent before running the Bulk Delivery. Bulk Delivery will send ALL invoices that have not been sent, so potentially a customer could receive two or more invoices at once. From your Partner account, run the Report called Invoices. Filter the Balance column by a minimum of $0.01 and Sort the Sent Date Smallest First. The only invoices without a sent date should be for the current month.
To bulk deliver your invoices, go to your Partner Account; click on the Setup tab; select Bill Runs and then select Bill Run (as done previously to generate the monthly invoices)
- Name - remains the same as the Bill Run set up
- Start Billing At this date / time - remains the same as the Bill Run set up
- Bill customers between - remains the same as the Bill Run set up
- And - your invoice date - remains the same as the Bill Run set up
- Posting Date Month - remains the same as the Bill Run set up
- Posting Date Year - remains the same as the Bill Run set up
- Select the following items by checking the box: Enable, Run Delivery, Disable Bill Run After Billing
- Select Save
Field Descriptions (Bill Run Setup Screen)
- Name - A descriptive name of your bill run
- Enabled – This is an ON / OFF switch for the bill run. This can be used for example if you have multiple bill runs for different periods and you want to leave the settings intact per bill run, and create a new bill run for a different schedule
- Start Billing at this date / time - This is the date from which you want to run billing. If this is greater than today's date, it will not run. You need to set it in the past in order for billing to run.
- Bill Customers between - The date from which you want to actually bill customers, ie, if the customers next bill date on account is 05/22/2006, you would need to set this date to or before that date shown on the customer account to catch them up for billing.And - This is the effective end day for the range between Last Bill Run and Next Bill Run. Customers within this range will be billed, for advance billing, add the number of advance bill days to this range to know who will be advance billed.
- And - This is the effective end day for the range between Last Bill Run and Next Bill Run. Customers withing this range will be billed. For advance billing, add the number of advance bill days to this range for the system to pick them up for billing.
- Billing - this will calculate and add transactions to user accounts.
- ACH/PAP - Not in use.
- Run Delivery - This enables billing to deliver based on the settings in the bill groups (ie, Email, Email & Hardcopy, Hardcopy, or None).
- Credit Card - Not in use.
- Run Render Invoice - When checked, this renders the appropriate invoices for Emailing, Hardcopy, etc.
- Use For Posting Date – This option allows you to tell the bill run to set the posting date within a certain specified period. If not selected, The posting date will be the date of the transaction added. Taking into account the below setting and if this is checked, the system will take the month you select, the year you select, and put that together with the users bill day to determine the posting date it will use on the transactions.
- Posting Date Month – select the month for the posting date to be entered within.
- Posting Date Year – select the year for the posting date to be entered within.
- Run Payment Terms – This executes the credit rating functionality and any payment terms associated with it. This was previously executed using the ‘bill run’ process but is now broken out so that it can be run manually
- Bill Usage Only – this option allows you to run a bill run but not bill any package next bill dates, this will simply allow you to bill usage on accounts.
- Close Invoice On Canceled Customers – This option will automatically close any open invoices that are on canceled customers. This ensures any final invoices are sent out. Generally this option should be selected to manage historical data and keep accounts clean. NOTE, the following also occurs on non canceled customers when selected: This option will also look for customers with credits that are not attached to invoices. It will then create an invoice for that customer, attach the credit so its not hanging unattached to an invoice, and then close that invoice. In addition, if this is selected, at the start of the bill run we will close any open credit notes. After the bill run we will find any credits not attached to an invoice and generate an invoice for it and close it.
- Disable Billing After Bill Run – If you would like billing to run once and turn itself off (so it doesn’t run every 24 hours) check this box. When checked, billing will run at the scheduled time and the ‘Enabled’ box will be unchecked and billing will not start again until you check that 'Enabled' box again.
- Only Collect Money On Due Invoices – Not in use.