Write-offs are a means of eliminating bad debt from the financial records of the business by removing the amount owing from Accounts Receivable.
Enter the write off amount on the Customer account
- Go to Transactions tab, Credits section
- Select Add.
Complete the credit form as follows:
- Amount: Enter the write off amount (the amount showing on the invoice(s) listed in the Open Balance Invoices section)
- Date: Automatically has current date
- Service: From the drop-down menu, the service you are writing off
- Posting Date: Automatically has current date
- Detail: The information entered here will appear on the customer's invoice
- Period Start: Leave blank
- Period End: Leave Blank
- Automatic Disbursement: Leave unchecked
- Tax Exempt: Check this option
- Open Balance Invoices: Select the invoice(s) you are writing off.