Manual payments do not process credit card or ACH payments. They simply add a transaction to adjust the account balance and show the customer's payment on their invoice. It assumes you have processed the payment through a CC gateway, through another accounting system or a deposit to your bank account.
When payments are entered manually in Orion, the payment will immediately be "disbursed" to the invoice balance. But, the payment will not appear on an invoice until the next monthly invoice.
- Enter payments on the account where the invoices are listed (Invoice tab). (Usually this is the Enterprise account, but if the account is set up with group billing, the invoices will reside on the Customer account)
- Go to the Transactions Tab
- In the PAYMENTS section, select Add
Complete the next section as follows:
- Amount - Enter the amount
- Date - You can leave the date (current date) or enter the date you actually received the payment
- Posting Date - can remain the current date
- Payment Type - select from the drop-down menu (Cash, Check, Credit Card). Note: any boxed in red, must be completed in order to Save
- Detail - Information entered in this area will appear on the customer's invoice.
- Check # - Information entered in this area will appears on the Payments Report
- Card Type - Information entered in this area will appears on the Payments Report
- Automatic Disbursement - select this option if you want the payment applied to the oldest balances first
- OPEN BALANCE INVOICES - All invoices with a balance remaining will appear in this area. If you want to apply the payment to a specific invoice, select the invoice (do not select Automatic Disbursement)