This lesson will show you how to add a new customer to the Orion portal which will provision a new Enterprise in our BroadSoft platform.
This process should only be used when you want to add a customer that does not already exist in the portal.
The following is an outline of the steps for setting up a new hosted customer. The remainder of this document provides detailed instructions for the steps.
- Logon to Partner Account:
- Select OrderForms tab
- Select Add Package Forms
- Complete Account information
- Order Packages for the Account
- Order DID's
Go to the new Customer account:
- To port existing numbers, select Add LNP Order
- To order new toll free numbers, select Add Toll Free Order
- To move toll free numbers to BluIP, select Resp Org Change Request
- Log-on to BroadSoft to setup users and devices
Note: Trunking customers cannot be setup through Orion. Instead, complete a BluIP Trunking Order Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will set up the customer account. You will receive the BroadSoft credentials as soon as the order is placed and also have access to the new account in Orion to place orders for other items.
New Hosted Customer
A new Hosted Customer that requires its own Enterprise should be set up at the Partner account level.
Logon to your Partner account
- Click on the Order Forms Tab
- Click on the Add Package Forms hyperlink
Customer Information & Package Order Form
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE RED LETTERS AT THE TOP OF THE ORDER FORM. WHEN YOU ARE PLACING AN ORDER FOR A NEW CUSTOMER (PARTNER LEVEL), YOU WILL SEE THE VERBIAGE IN THE SCREEN SHOT BELOW.
IF YOU DON'T SEE THIS EXACT VERBIAGE, YOU ARE TRYING TO CREATE A NEW CUSTOMER FROM THE WRONG SITE.
Fill Out Customer Information
All fields outlined in RED are required fields. You will not be able to create a new customer if any of these fields blank.
Fill Out all the Customer Information in the Order Form
- Billing Start Date - Orion allows you to enter a date in the future to allow for porting of numbers, turning up circuits, ordering hardware and provisioning. The Billing Start Date is critical, as it determines your customer's first invoice.
- Account Name - New customer name
- First Name, Last Name - Billing Contact Name
- Company - Usually the same as the Account Name. This will appear on the customer's invoice.
- Password - anything you type in this area will work
- Address Information - Will appear on the the customer's invoice
- Email Address - This will be used to email the customer's invoice. Once the customer is set up, additional emails can be added.
- Default Domain - Either the Customer's domain or your partner domain can be used. DO NOT include "www" or "http".
- Time Zone
Notes - Enter any special provisioning information:
- E911 physical location(s) and the main telephone number assigned
- Fax number(s)
- IP Fax number(s) and email address(es)
- Phone number(s)s for Smart Record service and
Note: It is very important that each customer location is set up with E911 emergency services. If you do not have the information at this time, be sure to email the information to email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Select an Order Type from the drop down menu (see Order Types / Packages List below)
- AlaCarte Features
- Broadband Access
- Call Recording
- Order NEW DID's only
- DO NOT include DID's you are porting to BluIP. Once numbers have ported, they will be entered by the BluIP LNP Dept
- DO NOT include DID's for SIP Trunks
- Fax Service
- Hosted PBX
- Hosted UC One
- Local Number Portability (do not order from this order type, it is reserved for the LNP Dept.)
- SIP Trunking (is not inabled, trunks must be ordered by submitting a Trunking Order Form to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Toll Free Service (In the notes please indicate either the toll free number being ported or that a toll free order has been ordered AND when required
- Select Add Package button
- From the drop-down list, select all packages within the Order Type by placing a check mark beside each package you are ordering. You will need to scroll down to see the entire list. (You will be able to increase the quantities later)
- Click on the Add Selected button
- Select another Order Type and continue adding packages
Order Types / Packages
Below is a list of the Order Types and the Packages found in each type:
- 4G Backup
- Agent Web Based Client Software License
- Alternate Numbers
- Anonymous Call Rejection
- Auto Attendant
- Broadsoft Provisioning Fee
- BroadSoft Receptionist Console - Enterprise
- BroadWorks Anywhere
- Call Control Tool Bar
- Call Forwarding Always
- Call Forwarding Busy
- Call Forwarding No Answer
- Call Forwarding Not Reachable
- Call Forwarding Selective
- Call Me Now
- CLI Spooling Penalty
- DID Reservation Fee
- E911 Surcharge
- Early Termination Fee
- ECRC 911 Call - BIllable
- Enterprise Call Reporting
- Guest Room
- Hardware Non Return Fee
- Hunt Group
- Instant Group Call
- Late Fee
- MS Lync Integration - PResence IEX
- Music On Hold
- Priority Alert
- Professional Services (per hour)
- Selective Call Acceptance
- Selective Call Rejection
- Technical Dispatch
- Unity Call Center Agent
- Unity Call Center Supervisor
- Unity Client
- Virtual User Power Pack
- Voice Mail Add On
- Circuit Early Cancellation Fee
- Metro Ethernet
- Priority Access Bonded T1
- Priority Access T1
- Smarat Capture
- Smart Evaluation Tabs
- Smart Listen Unlimited
- Smart Record
- Smart Record Pro
- Additional DID's
- DID Repoint
- DID Reservation Fee
- Virtual Fax ATA Basic
- Virtual Fax ATA Unlimited
- Virtual Fax Basic Overage
- Virtual Fax Desktop Unlimited
- Basic Call Center Agent
- Basic Metered
- Breakroom/Conference Room Phone User
- Call Center Supervisor - Client Only - (No SEAT)
- Enterprise Basic
- Enterprise Premium
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise UC - Communicator Prime
- Enterprise UC - Phone Prime
- Power User
- Premier Metered
- Premium Call Center Agent
- Premium Call Center Supervisor Bundle
- Receptionist User
- Standard Call Center Agent
- Standard Call Center Supervisor Bundle
- Standard Metered
- Standard Select Extensions
- Standard Select Voice Lines
- Traditional User
- Virtual User
Hosted UC One
- DID Add-On - UC
- Enterprise UC - Communicator Prime
- Enterprise UC - Phone Prime
- Select UC Extension - Communicator Prime
- Select UC Extension - Phone Prime
- Toll Free Number
- If quantity is more than one, increase the quantity here.
- If you need to remove a package, click on the DEL button beside the package to be deleted
Important: When you change the quantity, you MUST hit the 'enter' key to save the quantity. If you don't hit the 'enter' key, the quantities will default back to "1".
BluIP keeps a large standing inventory of DID’s in stock and our intent is to allow you to select the DID’s that you want to assign to your customer via the order forms.
You must have ordered seat(s) in order to have access to the DID ordering section.
- Click on the Select DIDs to order new numbers. DO NOT include numbers you are porting. Only order additional numbers needed.
If any of the numbers being ordered is to be used for a fax, please provide the provisioning information in the "Notes"
- Enter the NPA-NXX combination that you need
- The system will then enter the Rate Center and provide a list of numbers currently in inventory
- Select the DID's that you want to assign to this customer (you will be allowed to select the quantity of DIDs based on the packages that you ordered)
- If there are no numbers currently in inventory, enter the quantity that you need in the backorder box
- Final Step, Click the Order button
Note: Placing a backorder, generates a ticket that will be sent to our Provisioning Department. They will place an order for the quantity needed within the NPA and NXX.
- Multi-Group - Bill Enterprise - Select this option if you want to generate a single invoice for all customers within the enterprise. Even though there is only one invoice, the charges are separated by customer. (This option is also recommended for partners not utilize the Orion retail billing module.) Once you submit this order the LogiSense system is going to create two accounts in LogiSense. The first account will be the customer name followed by the word Enterprise and is called an owner account. You will use this account to order any new groups in the future (see section on “Ordering a New Group for an Existing Customer”). The second account will be the name of the customer and will be the group 1 account in BroadSoft. To add services in the future to this account see the section on “Ordering Services for an Existing Customer”.
- Multi-Group - Bill Group - Select this option if you need individual invoices generated for each customer within the enterprise. Once you submit this order the LogiSense system is going to create two accounts in LogiSense. The first account will be the customer name followed by the word Enterprise and is called an owner account. You will use this account to order any new groups in the future (see section on “Ordering a New Group for an Existing Customer”). The second account will be the name of the customer and will be the group 1 account in BroadSoft. To add services in the future to this account see the article “Ordering Services for an Existing Customer”.
Note: The Billing Type section is critical as it is difficult to change once set up.
- Select Save Order
After Order is Saved
After the order is saved, the following events are triggered:
- In BroadSoft, a provisioning event is triggered building the enterprise, assigning the services ordered to that enterprise, builds the service packs, assign the services to the group and create a customer level admin account which will be emailed to you.
- In Orion, two accounts are added to the Orion system. These accounts have different purposes moving forward.
- Enterprise Account - Retail invoices will reside here if the Billing Type of Multi-Group Bill Enterprise option was selected.
- Customer Account - All packages reside here. If, when you created the new account, you selected the Billing Type of Multi-Group - Bill Group, invoices will also reside here.
Orion Set Up
You can now search in Orion for the enterprise and customer account that you just created.
WARNING: Three packages are automatically added to a new customer. These packages are crucial for linking Orion and BroadSoft. NEVER DELETE THESE PACKAGES:
- On the Customer Account - 'BroadWorks Group' and 'RetailRates'.
- On the Enterprise Account - 'BroadWorks Enterprise'.
BroadSoft Set Up
Once your order is complete, you can go to BroadSoft to build the user accounts and provision services using the credentials that were emailed to you.